Established in 1999, Hope Empowered exists to lead and collaborate in the creation of opportunities that build a better and more sustainable future for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our society.
The opportunities we create are often in the areas of:
- alternative learning and vocational pathways;
- personal development and life skills; and,
- practical assistance.
The tools that we use include creativity, mentoring and entrepreneurship.
Our Point of Difference
Hope Empowered is an organisation that works in the gap between traditional welfare and mainstream employment and training models. We support the good work of organisations working in both paradigms, but recognise the need for people to receive transitional support out of cycles of dependency and to be offered alternative and customised pathways.
As a social enterprise, we combine our social mission with business discipline. We utilise creativity, mentoring and entrepreneurship as tools to engage and empower vulnerable people.
In addition to training and development opportunities, our enterprises – Empower Psychology & Counselling, Hope Studios and Hope Ideas – provide high quality professional services to a diverse range of clients and additional revenue streams to assist in funding our social mission.
Hope Empowered has worked with numerous communities, and thousands of people, to create opportunities for a better future. We aim to measure the effectiveness of our outcomes and the positive change that is occurring in people’s lives.
Below is a summary of our performance in some key areas:
- In 2011, Hope Empowered actively worked with more than 450 clients (a 30% increase from the previous year).
- To date, Hope Empowered has a 90% success rate in securing further learning or vocational opportunities for program participants (where this is a defined outcome). Longer term, between 6 and 12 months, this figure remains consistent.
- Program participant completion rate is more than 80%.
- Participant satisfaction is more than 90%.
- Demand has resulted in waiting lists for most programs.
Hope Empowered Foundation
The Hope Empowered Foundation (HEF) is a public ancillary fund that exists to resource charitable and transformative work in communities throughout Australia.
HEF has resourced the work of initiatives and social enterprises such as Empower Psychology and Counselling, World Vision, One Step Alliance, Toowoomba City Care, ACC International Relief, Storehouse Charity and the Academy for Entrepreneurs.
All donations to Hope Empowered Foundation are tax deductible.